What do I write about??

It's been quite a while since my last blog, and although there has been quite a few topics which have stimulated my thoughts, my laziness seems to be getting the better of me more often.So after a long gap I thought of updating the blog with all the beautiful ideas floating around in my mind, and I was hopeful that I'll come up with a gem of an article, a masterpiece in blogs.

But alas I seem to be cursed with a similar bane as Karna; I can't pin down even one idea out of all the great ideas floating around in my mind when I need it most. But since I had already started writing I decided to complete the article with whatever I could. So if you are reading ahead in the hope that you'll find something useful here then I suggest you close this window and get on with your work.

If you are still reading then either you are a great fan of my writing or you don't have enough work in life. In either case thank you for reading, but if your manager catches you reading this then I'm not responsible.
Maybe this is what they call writer's block!! So if I have achieved a writer's block does that mean I have become a writer?? Naah.. it takes more than a writer's block to become a writer.

Speaking about writers reminds me of my favorite author Agatha Christie(AC). I was reading one of her novels yesterday, been reading it for around 7-8 years now. Now she is someone whom I consider a true genius. If you haven't read any of her novels yet (and you like to call yourself a fan of fiction writing) then I suggest you first kick yourself in the rear and next go to your nearest library or bookstore and get your hands on any one of her books! You'll find many murder mystery writers out there but none like Dame Agatha. The best part about her writing is the her characters, whom she portrays with such realism that you can almost see them before your eyes.Writing murder mysteries is tricky business, many have tried their hand at it and failed miserably. The toughest part is to keep the reader interested, without letting the cat out of the bag. And thats where AC scores . She'll keep giving you hints about all the characters and finally when you've suspected all the possible people the murderer will turn out to be someone you least expect to be. And one more great virtue of her writing is that you can't deduce the killer by elimination theory*. It takes great clarity of thought and imagination to think so far ahead and create the entire plot in your mind before putting it on paper. I guess AC must have been a great observer of people and behavior because the detail in which she etches out her characters is simply mind blowing!! I can go on and on about AC's writing but guess I've spoken enough about her already! So stop reading this stupid blog and go get yourself a copy of her novel. If you'd like to know more about AC then Click Here.

So there it is, one more blog completed. I started with nothing to write about and ended up talking about Agatha Christie! Kinda like life where you want to go somewhere and end up going somewhere else!! Hopefully I'll be able to write something more useful next time.

May you live in interesting times!!

*Elimination theory is a way of deduction where we keep eliminating all the characters who are somehow connected to the murder and in the end the one having no connection with the murder is the murderer.

Comments

Shashia said…
I read on because I am both. But I am glad I did! :)

It was a nice informative post, atleast for people like me who dont know what it means to read fiction.

Looking forward for more :)

Popular Posts